From November 12 to 15, Moscow’s Renaissance Hotel was the venue of the IV Moscow International Lubricant Week. The conference hosted a number of events, including the IX International Conference “Lubricant Production and Market – 2013”, the IV International Conference “Greases – 2013”, the IV Specialized Exhibition “Services and Equipment for the Lubricant Market – 2013”, the Infineum Trends – 2013 workshop, and informal cocktail reception for the Open Collar Event attendees, and a formal evening reception hosted by LLK International, the general sponsor of the event.

The international conference “Lubricant Production and Marketing” is a preeminent annual event for the Russian downstream petroleum industry. In the seven years since inception, the conference has evolved into the highest-profile industry event not only on the Russian but also on the European stage. The 2013 conference was attended by over 450 individuals.

The Greases international conference yet again earned high marks from the audience, reasserting itself as the CIS’ largest event for this market segment, and contributing invaluably to the sector’s continued growth. The conference was attended by more than 100 individuals.

The primary objective of the Moscow International Lubricants Week is to set up a direct dialogue between lubricant manufacturers and major customers, identify lubricant demand trends and major changes in the demand components, and encourage cooperation between lubricant developers and manufacturers.

The conference brought together major Russian and foreign manufacturers of lubricants, additives, greases and liquid coolants; leading global and Russian transportation and manufacturing companies; and major lubricant users, including LLK International, Evonik Oil Additives, BASF, Toyota, LLK NAFTAN, Gazprom Neft Lubricants, Rosneft, TOTAL Lubrifiants, Shell Lubricants, ExxonMobil Chemical, Lubrizol, Croda, Infineum, Rhein Chemie, APL Automobil-Pruftechnik Landau GmbH, Vanderbilt, FMC Technologies Inc., OMV, Dow Corning, Castrol/BP, Chevron Oronite, Kvalitet, Intesmo, Russian Ministry of Defense GosNII 25, NAMI-KHIM Automotive Engineers Association, AVTOVAZ and Avtodizel.

In total, more than 160 leading Russian and foreign businesses from 23 countries attended the Moscow International Lubricant Week. Delegates from Russia and the CIS made up 72 percent of the attendees, with the remaining 28 percent representing Europe, the United States and Asia-Pacific. About a third of the attendees were corporate top managers. Thirty-five percent were middle managers and specialists from manufacturing, engineering, and research and development practices. Marketing and procurement personnel from manufacturing and transportation companies made up 28 percent. The attendee industry breakdown was as follows. Thirty-one percent were delegates from Russian and foreign VIOCs (including oil refineries); 27 percent were lubricant manufacturers; 14 percent were trading houses and dealers; 15 percent were lubricant and lubricant component developers; two percent were consulting companies and financial and investment institutions; and 11 percent were others, including media.

In 2014, the Moscow International Lubricant Week is expected to become the biggest industry event in Europe and the CIS and will bring together more than 500 delegates. It will be held from November 11 to 14. Renaissance Moscow Hotel has again been selected as the venue for the event.

Making use of this opportunity, we would like to thank the general sponsor of the conference, LLK-International, for its support traditionally extended to the event.